COLLEGE DEPARTMENT: TOWARDS THE 2020 VISION
The College Department opened in 1966 with 33 first year students who began their two-year associate diploma in either Electrical or Mechanical Technology. Government recognition for the complete five-year Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) degrees was obtained in 1973, hence, the change of the name from Don Bosco Technical Institute to Don Bosco Technical College. Since then, the College Department has achieved top-of-the-category and above-national-average performances in the board exams. In 2020, it aims to change its status to become Don Bosco University.
The College Department made history in 2004 with the acceptance of 28 first year females. By going co-ed, Don Bosco Mandaluyong is giving a statement to a world where women are devalued and degraded that men must relate with women as equal in dignity and complementary in their vocation.
This evolution of the character of the College Department from an exclusively male school to a co-educational institution is in preparation for the strategic plan of the department to achieve university status in the year 2020. Along with this are new courses that are being introduced every year besides the engineering courses that Don Bosco Technical College has become well respected for.
At present, the College Department offers 8 programs namely: Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering (BSEcE), Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCpE), Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BSArchi), Bachelor of Science In Entrepreneurship (BSEntrep), Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT), Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS), and two-year program in Associate in Computer Technology.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR S.Y. 2015 - 2016 Qualifications
APPLY ONLINE OR VISIT DON BOSCO OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
- Must be a Fourth Year High School student
- Successfully passed the Entrance Examination
- Successfully passed the personal interview
FOR FIRST YEAR COLLEGE
- Photocopy of available grades in 4th year (if not available, present 3rd year High School Report Card and a Certification of 4th year enrollment)
- Accomplished Recommendation Forms (Download Don Bosco Recommendation Forms)
- One (1) from the School Principal
- One (1) from the Class Adviser or Guidance Counselor
- Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
- ID Pictures - Two (2) 2x2
FOR COLLEGE TRANSFEREES (those who have already taken a course in or earned units from any college and university)
- Certified True Copy of Grades for evaluation
- Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
- ID Pictures - One (1) 1x1 and One (1) 2x2
Additional requirements for foreign student applicants:
- Student Visa
| Fill out online Application Form and submit for confirmation|
create an account here
- Fill out online Application Form, submit, and wait for the reply of confirmation to be sent to your email address
- Print out Application Form after receiving the confirmation reply
- Download two (2) Recommendation Forms - one from your School Principal and one from the Class Adviser or Guidance Counselor.
- Submit accomplished Application Form and other requirements to the Office of Admissions.
- Pay application and testing fee of P500.00
- Secure testing permit
- Come for testing on the specified date
- Wait for test results and interview
Note: We have a one-day processing option of your admission if you come on a weekday at 8:00 a.m. with complete requirements.
Application Form and requirements may be submitted at:
Don Bosco Technical College
Office of Admissions
736 General Kalentong St.
Tel No. 531-8081 to 83 Loc.1188
Mondays to Fridays:
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.